The Great Divide review by Scott Stapp

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
Scott Stapp: The Great Divide

The sound is great. Scott Stapp found a very good band. The guitar player does not play riffs as much as Tremonti did, but the riffs he did play were pretty good. The songs may not be in order though so bear with me: 01. Reach Out - the riff is one of the best in the song. The guitar player made a dark sound. 02. Fight Song - there is a ton of palm muting and a little riff in the chorus and the beginning. The palm mutes with the power chords in the verse give this song a brilliant rate. 03. Hard Way - there is an nice acoustic riff for the beginning and during the verse, there is another guitar that is on distortion. 04. Justify - sounds western but once you get past the beginning and the verse there are some very goor riffs and power chords. 05. Let Me Go - very nice riff throughout the song. The riff kind of reminds me like faceless man then the chords gome in which makes it sound like Don't Stop Dancing. 06. Surround Me - there is a riff which makes it sound like a great song. The riff carries on throu to the chorus! It sounds like With Arms Wide Open but not as slow or as dark. 07. The Great Divide - the riff is the best on this CD! I love the song as much as any other. The song is made up of a riff then when u get to the chorus it makes it better because the chords just fit with the song. 08. Sublime - The beginning reminds me of Higher because the chords come in at the very beginning and continues then when u get to the chorus or later the guitar player hits the distortion. 09. You Will Soar - my favorite song of all. The guitar player in the verse hits chords silently then palm mutes the he plays this awesome little riff. The chorus has power chords and some palm muting and its mixed with some riffs. Do not skip this song! 10. Broken - there some piano work then there is a ton of chords. I like it though. There is like a choir with Scott. At the end there some distortion.

If any of you know whatScott Stapp is about, he writes christian lyrics and lyrics about life. In songs like Broken, You Will Soar, The Great Divide, and other he writes some nice lyrics which I love. His songs have different riffs and chords for the different songs. Like in Fight Song and Reach Out, the lyrics match the songs guitar work.

I compare this to Weathered by Creed. The album does not have the same Tremonti. Tremonti had a ton of riffs and very good guitar work. The Great Divide has a ton of Scott Stapp but the guitar work sounds impressive. If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again. Very good album for the Creed fans and any other people who want some music that is insperational.