The Great Divide review by Scott Stapp

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
Scott Stapp: The Great Divide

I'll be honest theres a little something in his songs that remind me of Creed. But come on, his voice for one, so it was probably a little difficult for him to find his own sound. Second, I love all the songs! Even if the guitarist sounds some wat of Tremonti. But give him a little credit you guys. At least if he did learn from Tremonti at all, he's got taste. The first song reach out blew me away with the hammer ons and pull offs. And I loved how scott sang the bridge part of it. To me he showed passion there. It sounded like he was crying out for someone to reach out too. But that's just my thought. I loved how he used a piano. That's cool because it's a change. The choir was great too I thought. He's starting to think outside the box. But there was a similar sound to some of the songs. Like 1-4 had a little similarity to them. But when they got started damn! They took off! I'm a little disappointed that Scott didn't expirtiment with his voice. He didn't really try to hit any other keys or any falseto. But he made up for it when ever he sang with power.

First of all the lyrics to Great Divide and Broken brought me to God once again. Those songs showed me how to hence: Relearn Love. Those songs opened my heart up sooo big that the goosebumps were hurting me. Like a Million Knives Peircing My Skin. To this day now my love for god has never been stronger. I love every song and I could so easily listen to the album over and over again. Scott's voice was incrediable as always but like I said before a little disappointed. My favorite songs are Surrond me, Broken, and The Great Divide. I loved also how the lyrics fit so well with the music, great job.

I think it compares obvoiusely to creed cuz of his voice. But that's all I can right now figure out. To me the entire album was very impressive. I honeslty would say if I had to choose bewteen Creed, ALter Bridge, and Scott Stapp, I would choose Stapp. I think the only thing I hate is that he had only 10 songs. When I misplaced it I was worried and kept wanting to listen to it. So after about a month of searching I found it right there in my stereo! But if it got stolen I would so buy it again!