The Great Divide review by Scott Stapp

• Released: Nov 22, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 2.3 Junky
Scott Stapp: The Great Divide

Sounded like dulled down Creed. The guitar playing suffered without Tremonti. As far as his singing is concerned, I think this is the worst album he has ever recorded. Maybe he meant to sound raspy and hoarse, or maybe it was the laryngitis he had, I don't know, but particularily in the song "Reach Out" it was just horrible.

Almost every song sounded like he was whining and crying about creed breaking up which goes along with the title of the CD "The Great Divide." I know he denies this, but in my opinion, that's what it is.

Compared to what Alter Bridge has done (the former members of Creed, Brian Marshall, Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips, with singer Myles Kennedy) is much better than what Stapp has done with "The Great Divide." Musically, the group has grown and improved upon what they were in Creed, while Stapp is just trying to recreate the Creed sound. There was no song that impressed me particularily, and if it were stolen or lost, I would not really care (besides, I still have my signed copy of One Day Remains by Alter Bridge).

MT's #1 Fan
    This album sucked. What the hell do people see in it. The Great Divide, Let Me Go and You Will Soar were the only decent ones, but they weren't even tht good. Stapp needs to join a band, not make music sololy