The Road Leads Where It's Led review by Secret Machines

• Released: Jun 7, 2005
Secret Machines: The Road Leads Where It's Led

I think that this band has a great layered sound. With only three members they sound like a symphony at times. The music is described as a mix of Progressive Rock and Electronica and Shoegaze, what a joke being compared to My Bloody Valentine, but have their own sound. The album shows the change from Now Here Is Nowhere to Ten Silver Drops. The Bob Dylan Cover is amazing compared to the original "Girl From The North Country".

Brandon Curtis is a great vocalist and has quite a range. The lyrics may be spacey, no duh. The keyboards blend well with the music and can be quite good. The keyboard supports Brandon well. The lyrics do usually carry the tune completely. Benjamen does good at backup but their duos are not the best.

I think this album does a good job of telling what was to come. The title track is great and so are Astral Weeks and Girl From The North Country. I do not have any dislikes that are major about this EP. For an EP it also shows the growth since September 000. If this disappeared for any time I would certainly eat it, if stolen I would say to the person you have good tastes.