Disclaimer review by Seether

• Released: Aug 20, 2002
Seether: Disclaimer

Have you ever been so low in life that you think there is nothing else? Nothing to help? Nothing to save you? Have you ever been so mad at something or someone, that all rational thought is thrown out the window? Those of you who know what I'm talking about know exactly how they feel while listening to Disclaimer. Each song triggers a different emotion. From "69 Tea's" catchy tune, to the hard hitting anthem of "F--k It." Each song has a creepy feel to it. When you hear Shaun Morgan's voice scream in "Pride," you'll know you purchased the right CD. Each song blows you away, and that is lacking in newer CD's. The sound is simply nothing worse than Top Notch.

If it were possible to give above a five, I would. Shaun Welgemoed (Morgan for his American name) is simply amazing with his words. If there is anyone out there iffy on this album, go to any lyrics site and check these out. They are full, they are emotional, they are strong, you name it, it's there. You can feel his pain in such songs as "Broken" (without Amy) or "Pride," hell, you can feel his angst and hate and pain in each and every one of his songs. When you are or sad, these are the perfect words to scream to.

Disclaimer is the very first CD I bought. I purchased it way back in 2001, and I haven't put it down since. Since 2001 I have matured as a man but Disclaimer still rings in my ears. It's just that good. I have used "Gasoline" as my basketball warm-up song for four years now and I still pop the cd in my car and go back in time. I was extremely disappointed when I picked up Karma And Effect. Seether just didn't seem the same. Disclaimer is the Seether I love, and hopefully, you do too.