Disclaimer II Review

Seether: Disclaimer II
Released: Jun 15, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge
Here's hoping Disclaimer's eventual, actual follow-up reveals more about Seether than what records they listened to in the '90s.
 9.8
 9.6
Disclaimer II Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 22, 2004

Sound: The sound in Disclaimer II is a little bit more improved from Disclaimer in my opinion. Seether really kicks ass with there many new songs putting this form 11 tracks all the way up to 20. Definatly a great improvement. Seethers style really seems to lighten and smooth out after track 11 (Broken w/o Amy Lee) with tracks like Love Her, Cigarettes, and Out Of My Way. Seether did a good job in thid department, so I'm givin it a 5. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics kicked my ass thats all I have to say. Shawn Morgan is a great singer with many styles. Songs like Fade Away, Driven Under, You Bore, Broken, Gasoline, and Love Her are songs with strong lyrics you can take as either serious (Driven Under), emotional (Fade Away), or quite funny (Love Her). The lyrics definatly kick ass this gets a 5. // 10

Overall Impression: This is apperently and obviously better then Discaimer I being that theres more tracks to offer, and much more to listen to. Its at the same coost as Disclaimer I so ure technically getting more. But this kind of add-on tracks kinda gives me the message the next album is far off. But hey, I'm not complaining, this is easily in the top 5 best CDs I own. I would prolly buy anther 1 if it was lost/stolen cuz I like the whole post-grunge movement lately with bands like Three Days Grace, Smile Empty Soul, and now Seether adds to the top list of post grunge bands. I am looking foreard to the next album, and ill leave this with a 5! // 10

Disclaimer II Reviewed by: playgtr055, on july 23, 2004

Sound: Dude the sound rocked. I listened to the first Disclamer and it kicked ass. The fact that these guys can go heavy one minute and softer the next. It's freakin awesome. I like the whole album but the tracks that I like most and play on my guitar are 69 Tea, Fine Again, Driven Under, Broken, and Out Of My Way. This definately gets a 5. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics were good. Shawn is an amazing singer. He has a good voice and a good screaming voice. My faveorite lyrics were Driven Under. That's such a deep song that I feel like I relate to it. 5 all the way. // 10

Overall Impression: All I gotta say is 5 because this album rocks all of you true rockers should go buy it. It's definately worth the money if somebody ever stole this from me I would beat their ass into submission. Just go buy it. // 10

Disclaimer II Reviewed by: Umair122504, on april 19, 2005

Sound: Seether's sound is awesome! They are a bit Nirvana sounding but they are more metal-ish and more hard rocking. Shaun Morgan has a great voice and instrument work is top notch! // 10

Lyrics: Shaun Morgan is one of the best vocalist, as well as a lyricist in today's rock. The lyrics are probably the most honest I've seen for a while and you can relate to every song on this CD. // 10

Overall Impression: This is the best Seether album to date, period. Disclaimer II has 8 new songs plus re-mastered Disclaimer I songs and they all sound as good as they can sound! Every song on this CD is worth listening to. Seether is one of the best bands out there and if you have only heard "Broken" by Seether, you have got to check them out. And if you think, Broken is too poppy, you should listen to this CD because they are not poppy, they are pure hard rock and this is one the best hard rock CDs you will ever buy! If this CD got stolen from me or I lost it, I would buy it the very next day because it's that good! // 10

Comments