Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces review by Seether

• Released: Oct 23, 2007
Seether: Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces

This CD is the most diverse compared to the previous. 01. Like Suicide - nothing screams Seether more than this song. There couldn't be a better opening song for this album. Not to mention one of the best riffs in history. 02. Fake It - Seether really went out on a limb on this one. The most different song on the album. This song is really fun to listen to though. 03. Breakdown - this song is deep. With a small mini solo after the chorus seems as though the band gives a shit, you know? 04. FMLYHM - oh yes, the verse's guitar sounds so awesome, and they know it does. And the drums are very attracting. 05. Fallen - my least favorite song on this album, I do like that it gives you the feeling of 'Gasoline', but they seem to try to force the riff upon you, don't get me wrong, I like it, but this one has the least variety. 06. Rise Above This - about 'June Ra' before his tragic death. But once you hear this song's drum opening, then the guitar kicks in, you feel a lot calmer/safer. 07. No Jesus Christ - the begining sounds like a deep poetry, but after he screams "You're no Jesus Christ", you will headbang, or you will want to. 08. Six Gun Quota - I don't like the distortion for this song. But this song is my 2nd favorite. 09. Walk Away From The Sun - the best solo ever. Best combination of hardcore electric guitar and acoustic. 10. Eyes Of The Devil - this song was more of a lyrics song. It wasn't the best song on the CD. 11. Don't Believe - this song was more focused on the music. A song you can listen to no matte what your emotion is. Gives off the essence of 'Diseased'. 12. Waste - very pretty song. With extra guitar performed with Space, it's one of the most jaw dropping songs on the CD. Not mention the best bass. Next to perfect combination of just what Seether needed.

Shaun has matured so much as a vocalist. Nothing like Kurt Cobain. With suggestive lyrics as in FMLYHM, to the deep words noted in Breakdown and Waste. Although his best performance was in Walk Away From The Sun. When he says "You Fading With Everyday", you think you are standing in the middle of a field staring up into the eye of a storm. Fake It and Six Gun Quota are perfect example of how he really feels. Fake It about the fake people in America, and Six Gun Quota believed to be symbolicly talking about his alcohol intake (maybe). The lyrics definately the height of the album.

Overall it's a 10/10. Finding Beauty takes a jump into a deep end with experiments that have just gone right. They have grabbed and seized experience and talent from the 8 years they have been out and they put on this disc. Beats Karma & Effect's hardness and Disclaimer's vocals. It's a must have for anyone. Period.

shadow11491
    While FBINS isnt as strong as Seether's previous CD, "Karma and Effect", it isnt weak either. "Fake It" was played several times at a near by dance club, and the song "Breakdown" has large potential to be a number one hit as well as a huge video smash. The optimistic "Breakdown" says "I'm so much more than meets the eye/all your lies" how many people do you know that could use that message? Quite a few, thats how many.
    Furthermore, the lyrical topic of No Jesus Christ is somewhat I'll conceived, unwarranted and poorly written. The incredible idiocy of the repeated line, No Jesus Christ truly exhibits an ignorance seen only in those who dont know what they believe in so choose to criticise the beliefs of others. Unlike the Philosophers of the Age of Enlightenment, Seether offers no alternative to Religion.
    It wasnt an attack or assult on religion, "your no jesus christ" doesnt sound like an attack despite the fact the line "the innocent observers will refuse to find the lie within" may. Overall this album has really been altered by producers, I believe, its much different from their old material and much more mainstream. However, Seether did get more technical and their lyrics became better and more complex.
    QuakerBaker
    MrYoshida : Switchmunky7 wrote: As a South African I am proud of Seether for waving the flag for us in the States. So for those of you who diss them you diss the 50000 + South Africans who truely appreciate the efforts they have put in. Ok so how should I go about that? Seether is terrible and so are the 50,000+ South Africans that like them. Good?
    Wow dude you aren't a jerk or anything. Good job being racial, and being an a$$hole. I hope you are happy now that you have disgraced those 50000+ people.
    silencebreaks15
    Being a fan of both Seether and Nirvana. This is to all the people who say Seether sounds just like Nirvana. I'll admit that Shaun's voice is similar to Kurt's, but musically only a few songs on Disclaimer maybe sound similar to Nirvana. Nothing on K&E or FBINS sounds like Nirvana. While not having the most intricate style, Seether still has way more intricate parts than Nirvana did.
    slap-a-bass
    seether is awesome say what you want the thing is that seether CAN sound like nirvana if they wanted they have a different background, and their music comes out much different than nirvana's.
    Mr.Kool
    first of all..who cares if seether sounds a lil like nirvana..nirvana's a good band, one of seether's main influences and the same genre..second, no jesus christ is about people who think they're all that and a bag of chips..and he's saying, "you're no jesus christ"..not just "no jesus christ"
    Christopher T
    As a South African Rock fan, i'm proud to say that Seether is befok. The new album is "as usual" awesome! South Africa is behind you guys... [quote]
    Matt_1213
    This album is actually quite good. The first reviewer got it wrong. 'Nuff said.
    FlowingWhispers
    I love how everyone misunderstands the song "No Jesus Christ". The song isn't really about religious beliefs but more about people who are sanctimonious and believe that they're better than everyone else.
    Spiritweaver
    ready2breakdown wrote: And I can't lie I love Seether, but I was really disappointed with the new CD. I'll definitely do a review, because I could talk on it for a while.
    Same here. I am a HUGE Seether fan and I don't have a problem saying that this cd was very mediocre. There are only a couple of really good tunes, the rest were very meh for me.
    JordanLennon
    I've been listening to these guys since Disclaimer's first release and I have to say that this is the best work they've ever done...hands down! I can't get enough of this album. I love the rest of them almost just as much but I found something special about this one that got me hooked.
    CAMBRIA678
    To the idiot writting the first review: hes not saying "no jesus christ" hes saying "you're no jesus christ". get your facts straight before u label something as "poorly written" or "incredible idiocy"
    RATM15
    Randy_Rhoads44 wrote: the only thing i am wondering is who the F#CK is this Welgemoed you keep refferencing?? you said "Welgemoeds crooned vocals" the singers name is shaun MORGAN!!! that just shows how much you know about this band, how about you learn what you're talking about before you post!!!!!
    His real name is Shaun Morgan Welgemoed, so to quote you "that just shows how much you know about this band, how about you learn what you're talking about before you post" jackass.
    almosthuman36
    SG46
    almosthuman36 wrote: I love seether, they're keeping grunge, my favorite genre alive. I'll agree that this wasn't their best album but they still have some killer tracks. Probably the worst thing that happened to this album is that so many people hear the two singles, "fake it" and "rise above this" and assume they like the band. Some people should actually listen to the other tracks before they assume they're seether fans.
    Nicely put! I totally agree with you!
    Link.JohnIrving
    The UG team's review is shit. It's nice that they took the ten seconds to review the wikipedia page to try to sound educated on the band, but they failed miserably. Seriously, they missed the point so badly on the "No Jesus Christ" lyric statement. I'm pretty sure the ****ing retard didn't listen to the song, he just saw the title and wrote what he did. Also... everything sounds better when you're driving because the engine noise distracts the listener? I'm sorry your broke ass can't afford a car made in the past 10 years, but news flash: New engine's don't make enough noise to be heard when you're listening to music. This is my first time actually reading a UG album review, but I must say that I didn't know such an awesome website was contributed to by a ****ing moron like whoever wrote this. He can have his opinion... but the things I mentioned aren't opinion, they are the result of the reviewer being ****ing retarded.