Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray review by Seether

• Released: May 17, 2011
Seether: Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray

Seether's latest effort, "Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray", brings a unique assortment of songs. The song "Country Song", being the single, proves that Seether is able to blend genres and create music that is original. The album beings in the best way it could, with a hard rocking song, "Fur Cue". It pumps adrenaline through your entire body! "Master Of Disaster" and "Roses" prove the uncanny ability for Shaun and the band to write songs that are sonically amazing and dynamically pefect. The music is very good, in fact amazing, considering the fact that Troy left the band. Shaun Morgan has proven time and time again that he is a force in the music world and this latest record proves even more of that he is a musical genius.

Shaun's lyrics are, as always, deep and heartfelt. He paints pictures with words, as well as his music. Morgan should be recognized in the same level of amazing song writting ability as Kurt Cobain, which ironically was one of Shaun's idols. Shaun Morgan is more of a poet in this record, though. In "Pass Slowly", Morgan shows his ability to to paint pictures through words.

Once again Seether proves that they are force to be reckoned with in the music industry and will time and time again make music that touches musicians as well as inspires. I love how the album was produced. I would definitley buy this record again if I lost it or it was stolen. In fact, the record might be stolen due to it's amazing songs.

SlashIsGod091
    EpiExplorer wrote: I used to love this band, then I heard Korn, then Slipknot, then At The Gates, then Opeth, then enlightenment. So yeah, they dont do much for me anymore.
    The next logical step after Opeth is Behemoth! And there's not many places you can go after Behemoth...
    Bulletbeast
    Moar retardeted discussionz plx. New Seether album is great, of course it was designed for its intended audience. This is not Meshuggah, Opeth, Sunn O))), or some kind of bizarre obscure avant garde music. Seether is not looking for instrumental/esthetic finesse. This is emotional hard rock for the masses, and really great at it. I personally love the lyrics on this album. Vocals give me goosebumps at times. It helps people feel understood in a clear manner. Not everyone can afford to spend the time listening to music enough to get a liking to progressive death metal etc.