Karma and Effect review by Seether

• Released: Aug 22, 2005
Seether: Karma and Effect

The band's sound and music has evolved so much from the days of Disclaimer I and II. Trust me, I have all 3 albums. Origionally slated to be "Cater To Cowards," the title "Karma And Effect" has much more of an odd name, giving the entire cd this effect of something different. And trust me, the CD is. Although the CD says there are only 13 songs, a quick examination after putting the CD in, you notice there are 14! It seems the 14th track is just them playing around, and it sounds really cool. They still use a lot of drop-D stuff; it doesn't bother now that they have expanded their playing range from more in-your-face to I-don't-give-a-s--t feeling. I love it.

The lyrics of Remedy are truely an attack at corporate hot-shots who think they own the world. Seether seems to be putting a lot of people in their place with this cd. Another song, The Gift, is touchy, emotionally, and it seems to be a healer if you like Seether's music (I should know, I purchased this CD the day it came out, the day after my g/f of several months decided to tell me she hated me). Shaun has come along way vocally and lyrically. I'm proud.

This CD has become probably my favorite, knocking out other wind-up artists Submersed, Alter Bridge, and the rest of the group, not to mention some of my other favorite. It's just the way the songs are written and played. It's not only enjoyible to listen to, but it's a roller-coaster of emotion packed into about an hour. "Remedy" and "The Gift" seem to stand out to me the most, although I enjoy the album as a whole. If stolen, I would go out and purchase it again if there was no chance of getting it back and causing as much physical pain to the person who stole it.