Karma and Effect review by Seether

• Released: Aug 22, 2005
Seether: Karma and Effect

Once I heard the opening riff on "Because Of Me," I knew it was going to be that classic Seether sound all over again. I love how basically every song (with the exception of maybe "Remedy") is done in a live-style where there's two guitars, one on the left and one on the right, bass, and drums only. That's it. And even with that, the album's sound totally grabbed me and never let go.

Shaun's lyrics always impress me, mainly because I can't write lyrics worth a s--t. But what really impressed me about this album was the fact that it wasn't parental advisory. The first day I got it, all I did was search around the CD to see where the sticker was, but it was never there. So then I opened up the booklet and read all of the lyrics, and there wasn't a single cuss word. Compared to Seether's last album, I couldn't believe it. No, there isn't more screaming on this album, but there's enough. Not as much anger, but it's really good to listen to something with not a lot of profanity. Shaun always rocks at singing of course, I wish I could do it like him.

Everyone's saying that Seether is just a second-coming of Nirvana, but that's just shit. I love the way that they sound and I love every minute of the CD. If it was stolen you'd bet I'd replace it. I'd even buy two and give it to some dumbass who hasn't heard of them.