Karma and Effect review by Seether

• Released: Aug 22, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Seether: Karma and Effect

Wow. Seether is my favorite band. I bought Disclaimer back in '02 and it's my favorite CD of all time. I still listen to it frequently. I was so excited to pick up Karma And Effect but, when I got through with listening I was utterly disappointed. People have been saying that the songs are heavier, what are you smokin'? Disclaimer I has this CD waxed. I still haven't given up on seether. Wind-up screwed them over pretty bad so I'm expecting a new CD from a new record label. But again, I was ashamed to hear the sound.

Shaun Welgemoed is flat out amazing. There's just nothing else to say. Even through the profanity-free lyrics, the words still touch me. He might just be the best of the decade so far.

I love Seether, do not get me wrong, but I was literally crying while listening to this album. It seems poppy. I hear a few radio hits on here and that was never what seether was about. There are alot more ballads on here, the songs don't flow, it's just a mess. Hard hitting riffs and kickass sounds start the song but then the chorus always lets down. Please get off of wind-up and go somewhere else!