One Cold Night review by Seether

• Released: Jul 11, 2006
Seether: One Cold Night

This album sounds almost like an acoustic studio album. The bass and acoustic guitars are powerful throughout the venue they are playing in. Seether frontman Shaun Morgan had to go into rehab and also needed to cancel their tour with 3 Doors Down because of it. So instead they decided to do an acoustic performance and release the performance on DVD/CD combo.

The lyrics are powerful in "Truth" and "The Gift". A lot of powerful yelling is used around the end of these songs. Shaun Morgan seems to have his pitch and melody tuned perfectly for this performance. The words Shaun screams at the end of "Truth" "I'm BEATEN DOWN!" is just perfection.

This album is unlike and other I've heard of, the fact that it's acoustic just blows me away. The most impressive songs from this album would have to be "Gasoline" and "Truth". I love the fact that even though their tour was canceled, they still put on a show for their fans. Acoustic! If this album were stolen I would really consider buying it again on iTunes.