From The Depths Of Dreams review by Senses Fail

• Released: Apr 29, 2003
Senses Fail: From The Depths Of Dreams

The first song on this CD, Stephen, is a great beginning to an amazing CD. Throughout the whole CD, there are hardcore/melodic guitar riffs, great build-ups to amazing screaming, and an awesome 16 year-old drummer. All of the songs on the CD are unique in their own right, but in the same sense all have the same sound. Track #8. The Ground Folds (acoustic) shows that Senses Fail isn't another one of those hardcore bands who can only play power chords and scream, but is very instrumentally talented. This song also proves how amazing lead singer Buddy Nielson's voice is.

All the songs on this CD have emotionally deep lyrics about heartbreak, love - lost, and in probably the deepest song on the CD, the story of the death of a close friend of Buddy's. Buddy knows when to scream, and when he sings, his voice is incredible, he never breaks or misses a note and The Ground Folds (acoustic) proves that he is one of the most talented frontmen on the scene right now.

This album, to me, is the early work of a band that is sure to have instant success when more people hear about them. I love every song on the album but my favourite songs are The Ground Folds (acoustic), One Eight Seven, and Stephen. What I love about this album is the song structure and how everything in the song just fits together so greatly. If this were stolen or lost, I would buy it again for sure, then hunt down the queer that stole and shove the stolen copy down his throat. I strongly recommend this CD if you are a fan of bands like Finch, Silverstein, Matchbook Romance, and other bands you'd like to throw into that category. Buy this album. Support this.