From The Depths Of Dreams review by Senses Fail

• Released: Apr 29, 2003
Senses Fail: From The Depths Of Dreams

When I first popped this into my cd player I as blown away. This cd is arguably better than there first CD: From The Depth Of Dreams. Some styles in this cd are similar to the first, but this cd definitly has the best guitars in it. And of course Buddy's screaming vocals are just way over the top. If your a senses fail fan or if you like screamo/emo you have to get this cd, I guarentee you that you will love the sound.

The lyrics are one of the best parts of this CD. Buddys lyrics are very similar to the first album but it is still good. His singing skills definitly match with the distorted guitars, heavy bass, and crashing drums. The lyrics werent really all that good, but I have to say its fun singing these songs.

This album is very unique in almost every way. Coming from Bergen County, NJ I was really surprised they could pull this off. I was not only impressed by the sound and lyrics but I was also impressed by how this band just gets so popular and good by each album. My personal favorites are: "NJ Falls Into The Atlantic," "Buried A Lie," "Lady In A Blue Dress" and "Rum Is For Drinking Not For Burning." I love how buddys screaming and his blood painted lyrics just flows through the music. It almost calms you down. The only thing I hate about this CD is that even though it's longer than the first CD, it feels like this Cd is runs in a short time. If this was stolen I'd probably buy a new one if not you can burn it from a friend. I burned it for a friend and he said it was awesome. This cd comes with a DVD which shows them live in concert and a bonus track. I could give the overall impression a 5, but 4 feels like the most appropiate rating for this CD.