Let It Enfold You review by Senses Fail

• Released: Sep 7, 2004
Senses Fail: Let It Enfold You

Senses Fail have been awesome throughout their whole career and Let It Enfold You is no exception. As soon as you hit play you know you're gonna love it. Every track is crammed full of energy and they show it through their screaming, awesome riffs and drum beats. The album is definately post-hardcore, and there is no one who can say different. It's amazing how much they can do with the typical drums, guitars, bass and vocals. Awesome right from the get go.

The lyrics seemed awesome up until about halfway through the album. That's when it hit me that the lyricist might be a bit obsessed with fire, drowning and other methods of torture and death. I know it's a post-hardcore band but enough is enough. They could've improved the album by varying their song themes a bit. That aside though, both vocalists did an awesome job.

Compared to other bands of the genre (From First To Last, Funeral For A Friend, Hawthorne Heights) Senses Fail out-played. Every song on the album was entertaining and awesome, but the focus track, "Let It Enfold You" was just way too good. I love almost everything about the album, but the repetitive song themes drag it down a little bit. If I lost this album, I would buy another copy ASAP. If you like post-hardcore and don't have this album yet, get it now.