Let It Enfold You review by Senses Fail

• Released: Sep 7, 2004
Senses Fail: Let It Enfold You

I purchaced the Let It Enfold You Deluxe Edition about 4 months ago, and even though I'm a hardcore senses fail fan, I found it unbelievably awesome. The sound is just right there, and it makes just want to get up and go. People often mistake them for emo, but really they are punk and screamo. The melody guitar was slightly hard to distinguish sometimes, but besides that Senses Fail really out did themselves. The drums were fast, progressive, and really moved the music along with a punch. the bass you could hear nice and clear in most songs, and really made it what it is. The guitar was just as good, and vocals really make the band what it is.

Buddy (the singer) really outdid himself here. his writing was just really moving and catches your attention. he has his own unique style and it really adds to the music. His singing was unbelievably on the dot, hitting the notes like nothing, and he sang some pretty high notes too.

All in all, this CD makes me want to get up and do something with my life. My favorite songs off this album were American Death, Martini Kiss, and The Irony Of Dying On Your Birthday. They really caught my attention with the lyrics and the specific sound each song has. I really would buy this CD again if I had to. Their style is one of a kind, and I hope they dont break up anytime in the future.

danielspeed86
    The best album ever made by anyone. The great songs just keep on coming. my fave is bite to break skin, the sexiest outro ever, best screams i have heard by anyone.
    andrewjf
    my fav song is You're Cute When You Scream,and Choke On This.i wonder what happened to buddy's scream on Still Searching,sounds nothing like this album
    guitar_freak91
    iH8CarAccidents
    guitar_freak91 wrote: andrewjf, buddy is now a classmate of Melissa Cross, and is learning to "scream the right way", which i think is just shit, because it takes away his uniqueness and makes him like everybody else. but yeah. thats why.
    Well yeah, but then this way he won't blow out his vocal chords, and he can scream for years to come. Awesome CD. Still Searching is real too. I like the solos in some of the songs like Shark Attack and Sick or Sane. The new CD sounds promising too.
    isomniac19
    this is actually my favorite cd. most bands nowadays just pour their hearts and energy into the first 5 songs and are done and just put in fill in songs. but this cd never stops, it keeps pounding away and one of my favorite songs is actually a song right in the middle/end, Angela baker. annd i agree with the kid above me, screaming without proper training will **** you up after a few years :]
    guitar_freak91
    meh. as long as you know how to warm up singing, you can scream just as fine, you work your way up then you can do it. its simple really. i take chorus at school, no i'm not a faggot or anything, but i do it so that i can sing and shit without hurting my voice, cause i do a solo project on my own, and being in that kinda thing is ideal for it. teaches you how to handle your voice and extend your range without hurting yourself. most people who **** their voice up **** it up because they expend too much energy and emotion while screaming. they also use their throat, not their diaphragm, despite many of their claims. =P
    ryanglaspell
    the intro scream on irony of dying on your birthday sends chills down my spine. This cd pumps me up more than anything especially on cute when you scream it says "I'll take you onto the top of this building and just push you off run down the stairs so i can see your face as you hit the street" I put a hole in a wall with my head while listening to that