Still Searching review by Senses Fail

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
Senses Fail: Still Searching

As many of you know Senses Fail has been able to help post-hardcore become better known with their catchy lyrics and well implented screaming. This album may come as a disapointment to some since the screaming has been taken down and notch or two and is more about the more meaningful lyrics. However both lead and rythm guitar sound pretty good with some creative lead parts and the drums sound good too. Overall nothing too special is accomplished with the sound of the album but still worth listening to.

Senses Fail decided to turn down the screaming this time around. Some may like it better but I thought they achieved a perfect balance between the screams and lyrics in "Let It Enfold You". Don't let this turn you away though because now you can here more of Buddy's creative side like in the chorus of Can't Be Saved which he sings about being stuck in a coma.

While this may not be their most groundbreaking record it is still good. While the screaming has been toned down you can look at it as a way to here more great lyrics from Buddy. The best songs on the album are probably Can't Be Saved, Calling All Cars, and Still Searching. If it were lost or stolen I'd definetly buy another. The thing I hate most about this album is the fact that there isn't as much screaming which is funny because I'm not really into the screaming but Senses Fail is one band I like to listen to scream.

unknownalone
    I saw this band last night, they were terrible live but the new cd is ok.
    strange, ive seen em live and they were amazing, but oh well..havent picked up this album yet, but from what ive heard me like
    cleverisall
    Im a very big senses fail fan, and Ive followed them from the beginning. I really enjoyed the latest album, I felt that they were able to step up the the involvement of the guitarists and let them shine like they deserve, but it didnt grab me like the previous 2 albums. The lyrics are slightly dull compared to the last album, and nothing seems to really grab me and hold me in. With Let it Enfold You I could literally put the album on repeat and listen to it all day, and while I can sit through Still Searching and enjoy it I honestly doubt I could bring myself to replay it. Good album, just doesnt live up to their old material.
    =Thunderbird=
    good review. it's great band, as i heard at first still searching i thougt: oh.. this isn't really senses fail anymore.. but as i listened to it longer than only a few seconds i found it amazing, and i've to say, it is definitely still senses fail and it kicks ass! i love it! the screaming sounds very great i think (especially the little screaming part in all the best cowboys) and the guitar work is really good, too. drums are cool, too. I loved this band since i heard them the first time (the song was bite to break skin) and i defenitely still do. i can't understand the people who say that this is shit and say things like: oh these kids are so stupid, can't sing and can't play their instruments at all - cause they definitely can and do it well
    Dracharon
    to the last guy who posted. what the hell was the point in that?! if u aint gonna say anything positive, just shutup, nobody wants to hear your moaning. if u dont like the band why come onto this page?! a lot of people on this site wont like your music but they wont have a go at it. just shows had sad you really are. and as for this album, its good, i love senses fail and always will, but definitely 'let it enfold you' has to be their best album to date. its just awesome. senses fail are amazing, they just keep proving it more and more!
    caseygustaveson
    Fuck this band. They and Hawthorne Heights should go jerk eachother off before driving off a cliff.
    Misfitsfreak13
    dxvxb
    i have to say lost and found's lyrics r silly but its still a great song.
    punk_isntemo12
    ^lackofcolor, you and that 'silly metallica fan' both made me laugh. lol. i love the cover but i need to hear the cd before i say its cool. i still think that Let It Enfold You will still be Senses Fail's best album. rock on SF.
    lackofcolor
    ah man, thats kinda funny it was a different story with metallica. there album cover sucked and so did there music. hmmmm =D. Oh and how can you judge the look of an album cover to the type of music it is or if its good or not? anyways thank you silly confused metallica fan for making me laugh
    yonathon
    this cd kicks ass the lyrics are awesome cus budd is like real personal with wat he says and fairplay to him for being so open as for the guitar it kicks ass harmony solos woooo hints of techno awesome drum sound amazing production on it too i saw em at taste of chaos cardiff they were the best band there easy wooo SENSES FAIL
    Sleepyjanitor
    in my opinion this cd is really good and not as much as a let down as other cds that have come out this year in this bands particular genre. but seriously...the priest and the matador has the worst lyrics ive ever heard. the instruments are sweet. but the lyrics are the worst attempts at sending a message and having an underlying meaning...its just terrible.
    Gibbs
    ok, i play guitar and i do like the guitarwork, BUT... i judge music on how good it sounds not how hard it is to play. and im ny opion the new shit sucks, i miss the old style of senses fail, like let it enfold you. that was prolly one of my most fav cd's of all time... this new shit is horrible
    Joffisonfire
    This cd is better than their old stuff. Altho I can see myself getting bored of it soon.....
    yosefgamble
    This Cd has a certain style that sounds like help me the whole time. I like the old senses fail.
    alex15kim
    honestly... i thought this cd wasn't as good as their previous 2 albums. i've heard my friends say they like this cd so much better but what do they know... i've known them a year longer than them. i mean, it's a decent cd, solos are pretty sweet, but nothing really that catches my attention, and not that many good riffs at all.
    Physh
    its a great album. i believe people may not like it as much yet because they have been listening to "let it enfold you" for so long that they have very strict standards on what senses fail is supposed to sound like. give it a little time, listen to it a few times, and it will probably start growing on you. just like any other band, senses fail is evolving and their sound is evolving with them. but this is still senses fail at their best.
    stinkynuts
    buy the cd at best buy because it has three extra acoustic tracks of CANT BE SAVED, CALLING ALL CARS, and LOST AND FOUND, for the same price!
    JaredTheRed
    i think this album was second, let it enfold you first, depths of dreams was good, but not as many songs as good so 3rd, i think that with getting more technical with the 3 album and taking a step in this direction, their 4th album if they make one (which they proly will) will be a good album...stick with em, they look promising for the future.
    Afi_rocker_91
    CommodoreMF wrote: i think he makes a good point about the way senses fail is evolving as musicians...i mean yea i love screaming bands and hardcore and metal but i think these guys are taking a step in the right direction...in my opinion the best musicians and bands of all time werent screamers. Yeah and i hate people who feel like they have to catorgorize (spelling?) music or people as emo. just let people be people and let music be music and 'let it flow' (Eric Clapton)
    dude thats the best quote ever! i totally agree! plus my fav of the album is calling all cars
    M.B.MetalTabber
    Misfitsfreak13 wrote: apc--ibanez wrote: metallicaPOOS wrote: never heard of the band, but i like it because the cover!!! Dude,. the cover tells all, regardless off the band. Once you see a cover like this, their music has to kick ass. If it doesn't then wtf? why such an amazing cover, if your music is a pile of ass? Typical Metallica fan. Remember...don't judge a book by its cover. I saw this band last night, they were terrible live but the new cd is ok. I saw them last night and they were the greatest band I have seen live. It was them, Saosin, Set Your Goals, and Alexisonfire. The entire show was amazing. Except, luckily, I missed Set Your Goals set but they suck ass anyway so it's all good.
    Senses Fail are not the greatest live act, they do not compare to bands such as Alice Cooper or Metallica when live, but they still rock, and this album is their best one yet