Still Searching review by Senses Fail

• Released: Oct 10, 2006
Senses Fail: Still Searching

This album you can tell just has that sound where this isn't the first CD the band has put out. The vocals are more powerful and the guitars just sound altogether better. They stick with some of their screaming from Let It Enfold You, but they also have mellower tracks on the CD as well. It's a great CD to get especially if you liked the first one. The bonus accoustic tracks at the end are definately worth getting also, Buddy's vocals are just very much improved in this album I think and he even sounds good accoustically.

The lyrics could have been better, but they're still good. Buddy goes from talking about coma's in Can't Be Saved, to jumping off a building and committing suicide in The Priest and the Matador, to loving his life in To All The Crowded Rooms. It's a good mix of emotions. I really enjoy listening to the lyrics of the Priest and the Matador. It takes a few listens to get the full effect of everything he says.

I really love this album. Make sure you get the bonus track one, it's worth it. I'm a fan of the deep scream and they have some of this in the album. But I also love the slower accoustic tracks with nice vocals which it also has. This one also isn't as explicit as their last CD if that bothers you. It has a little bit of everything for everyone. So I suggest you go out and buy it.

SensesFail_dude
    this band rocks, their one of my favs (as you can tell) but this album was a little 'iffy' good band, not as much screaming though, which sucks cuz thats what senses fail is...and good guitars =]
    Schizopathic
    "Shark Attack" is my favorite song off this album...it just rocks from start to finish...i love the album as a whole...i think it was a great step forward for these guys...but they have always been great...
    The Spoon
    they really changed up the style. Guitarwork is awesome. I love almost every chorus in this album. Thats where i think they really improved. And then there are so many songs with gang vocals. its awesome.
    Give_em Hell
    caseygustaveson wrote: Fuck this band. They and Hawthorne Heights should go jerk eachother off before driving off a cliff.
    hawthorne heights does suck \, senses fail doesn't! you dipshit at least senses fail writes decent lyrics!! go back and listen to your Phish Records!@!!!
    TakingBakMonday
    Still Searching is the best song on the album I think... The chorus with the double bass and the guitar OWNS!! =)
    Nerdicle
    Right, I Gotta Say. I Really Like ths album, Its Good that they've turned down on the screamo coz, i might be the only one, but i think their lyrics are Nice stuff. I Like The Rapture , although its short, its - unsure if its the right word - Catchy. As well as All the best cowboys have daddy Issues, Cant Be Saved (Coma?) And The Priest And the Matador. Last of which, i think the lyrics are Well, Wow. A Lot of people disagree with me on this but Oh well, It is my opinion.