The Cold White Light review by Sentenced

• Released: May 13, 2002
Sentenced: The Cold White Light

The music of this album speaks of itself: we have 10 diamonds of melodic-depressive metal from finland at it's best. All of the songs could stand as singles (and believe me that's a good thing in this type of music). The guitar work is absolutely outstanding with solid riffing, epic solos that fit the songs (and not songs to put the solos in) and give a great feeling in the overall vibes. As for the production, fantastic job here as well: clean enough so as every single instrument breaths.

Lyrically the album may not be so special but the way Ville Laihiala sings it's lyrics and his special and heavy (rare to find that good singing in this type of metal) voice take all the songs to the top level. His performance takes Sentenced to the pantheon of the heavy metal scene and himself to the top metal singers ever.

This album must be in purchased by every metal fan and in general fan of the music as an art. You will find yourselves singing each and every track of this album and it's melodies will stick inside your head forever. This album shows that you don't always have to growl to be heavy and teaches a lesson to those bands who think that being catchy is easy or simple. Try to play the songs and discover how genious these guys were (they are disband now). Check also: Frozen, the funeral album and amok from the same band.

Devilish Dave
    There should be more bands doing songs like this and not just 100% screaming their heads off kind of music...
    Guns N' Chains
    Late to the scene but YES! This album is incredible! From track 1 to the last. This is an album that practically kept me sane and saved my life during dark times. Thank you to Sentenced!! If you have not given this a listen before, I highly recommend it.