Rule 3: Conceal Your Intentions [EP] Review

Label: Sugar Shack Records
 9.2
 8.3
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this album:
Rule 3: Conceal Your Intentions [EP] Reviewed by: Muser9909, on november 25, 2015

Sound: After the evaporate of Vex Red in 2003, they released some songs before they had to separate in that year, very sad, one album, and 2 demos for this amazing band it was very short. Later, Terry Abbott repeats the same story, but much even worse, forming Septembre, which could be a amazing band, if they should be released one fucking album, but just one EP? Very sad, because the bassist was in car crash accident in 2005 or 2006 (I don't remember).

Well, after all, "Rule 3: Conceal Your Intentions" is an amazing EP, 4 amazing songs, that no one is nothing bad, the music of Septembre is very emotional, I've consider much more emotional than Vex Red, no electronic influences are there, they sounded so much mainstream, but in the underground scene. The influences of Septembre more than industrial and quiet songs of Vex Red goes more to the alternative rock sound, the guitar riffs are simply, catchy and very distorted, also, I never forget, the amazing simply guitar effects of "(Face)." No more words for the music, because are simply 4 amazing songs, the music is awesome, very alternative sound. // 10

Lyrics: Again, I always say that Terry Abbott, for me is one of the greatest vocalists of metal, one of the most underrated, and one of the best lyricist of the genre, in the 4 songs, expresses very emotion to these verses and chorus, combined with his amazing, beautiful and sweet original voice, they goes still the lyrics of Vex Red, personal problems, relationships, dreams, girls, etc... he is pure genius, and in this EP there are no exception, specially, in "I Am Weightless," is amazing (The Most Known song of them). No more words, a 10. // 10

Overall Impression: Very sad to know this band have released only this EP officially, 4 internet promo songs, and the demos that spinning around for some place of the web, but after all, "Rule 3" is amazing, these 4 emotional songs, are so little, deserves so much more than this. Again, one thing I love of "Rule 3" is Terry Abbott, always, because is amazing writing adolescent lyrics. Also, this CD is nostalgic, if you are a fan of the 2000's alt. rock, the sound of this EP gonna put you in nostalgic mood. I couldn't say the songs that I loved, because the 4 songs are amazing. No more words, very sad that they broke up, Terry formed Fears, but they doesn't have the same sound of Vex Red and Septembre.

If you don't know this band, start with the song "I Am Weightless," which probably you have listened in "Need For Speed Underground 2." // 10

Comments