Beneath The Remains review by Sepultura

• Released: Dec 31, 1988
Sepultura: Beneath The Remains

The sound on this album is amazing. Sepultura's sound was way ahead of it's time, but their talent and hostile delivery makes them one of the best thrash bands to ever exist. Beneath The Remains is the 3rd album released by Sepultura, and it is considered one of the most influential thrast albums made. The instruments can be described as intense and brutal. Everything is tight and flows, and the solos are equal with many of the great thrashers. Each song has a unique flow to it, from the beautiful intro of beneath the remains to the brutal delivery of mass hypnosis. The sound is truly awesome.

Government conspiracies, war, and hate are the main themes on the Beneath The Remains album. Although they are not the most original lyrics ever, they fit extremely well with the music, earning them extra points. Nothing seems out of place, and the delivery by Max Cavalera can only be described as awe inspiring. It's brutal, intense, and will get your blood pumping.

This is one heck of an album. It was released in 1989, but it sounds on par if not greater than many releases of today. The most impressive songs on this album are beneath the remains, and well, every other song. There is nothing I hate on this album, I love all of it. Before it were lost or stolen, I would make sure to have 10 extra copies of it so that it'll always be with me. All jokes aside, this album is phenomenal. Do yourself a favor and pick it up!

Galvatron
    If your just checking out Sepultura for the first time,start with the album "Arise"
    luukas
    this is 10000 times better than arise. and this was my first sepultura cd
    rajandmaria
    yr not wrong there postmortem- probably the finest thrash album ever. the speed , the riffs , the leads. i bought this cd when it first came out. and beleive me when i tell you - i listen to it everyday!..makes me wanna pick up my guitar and go nuts!
    rhcp13
    Scott Burns did a heck of a job producing this album. And this was when record labels here in the US thought Sepultura sucked. Way to stick it to em Cavalera!
    iommi600
    One of Sepultura's best albums. I just love how "Beneath the Remains" kicks in after that intro...