Chaos [DVD] review by Sepultura

• Released: Aug 20, 2002
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 9
Sepultura: Chaos [DVD]

Ever since I had started liking metal, Sepultura has been one of my favorite bands. I love thier speed and agression in thier music. The DVD includes a live concert called "Under Seige." Under Siege, filmed in Barcelona in 1992, shows Sepultura at their best. The live concert includes songs from the "Arise" and "Beneath the Remains" era Sepultura. THe songs and quality of the recordings are both amazing. Sepultura sounds as good as they do on album. Andre Kisser delivers with furious solo work with Max Cavalera on rhythm guitar. Igor Cavalera does speedy drum work while Paulo Jr. pumps out the bass. With this line up, Sepultura shows that they are a metal force to be reckoned with.

Content — 10
The DVD features the live concert "Under Siege," but also includes music videos of the band all the way through their "Roots" era. All of the videos, which include Arise, Dead Embryonic Cells, Refuse/Resist, and Territory, show some sort of political or racial struggle in Brazil or the Middle East. The videos of war and protest match perfectly with Sepultura's violent assult of speed metal. During the "Under Siege" concert, clips from interviews featuring all of the members of the band are shown. They take you through the history of Sepultura and tell about violence and opresstion in Brazil.

Production Quality — 9
The camera quality is not bad at all for 1992. Not many camera effects are used during the filming of the concert but more are used in the music videos. I think the lack of effects is a good thing though. It lets you see the band as if you were really at the concert.

This is by far one of my favorite concert DVDs, along with Megadeth's "Live: That One Night In Buenos Aires" and Rush's "Rush In Rio." I love the sound quality and the overall music of the band. If this DVD were stolen I would definetly buy it again, bring it home and pop it in. It is an amzing DVD.

slayersaves22
    yer i have this dvd it has heaps of sepultura when they were pure thrash metal its awesome