Morbid Visions review by Sepultura

• Released: Dec 31, 1985
Sepultura: Morbid Visions

This is the Brazilian metal band's second album that they released. The music is great. It's like a combination of death and thrash metal but mostly thrash metal. The introduction riff for the song War is awesome. I also am a big fan of the drums in the song Troops Of Doom.

The lyrics for each of the songs are mostly about death. I like the vocals alot. I think the vocalist has great skills as a singer. The lyrics fit the music greatly.

I think Sepultura is just as good if not better as any thrash metal band around. I like them just as much as Dark Angel, Death Angel, Overkill, or Testament. The most impressive song on this album to me is War and it was also te first song that I have ever heard from them. I like the album art the this album and I don't hate anything about it. If this CD were stolen or lost I would buy it again.

postmortem2006
    On the contrary, this is technically their first album as Bestial Devestation was an EP - and the sound quality on this record (even the remastered one) is terrible. Max Cavalera even states in the linear notes that their guitars were out of tune for most of the recording sessions. Awesome album, but Sepultura need to re-record this (WITH MAX) for it to truely shine.
    zeroterminus
    awesome album but the producing needs some work but amazing album nontheless. I LOVE DEATH METAL ahhahaha
    anthrax1214
    Whatever anyone says, Bestial Devestation was their first album. Morbid was their second. And, postmortem2006, if a record was already perfect, why the hell would you want to re-record it?