Nation review by Sepultura

• Released: Mar 20, 2001
Sepultura: Nation

My favourite album of Sepultura along with Chaos AD, Arise and Roots, this is a great album. A lot of variation, something not witnessed generally in Sepultura albums. My favourite track by far is Sepulnation. This album has the best production by miles in comparison to their other albums. There are some slow tracks which actually speaking seemed quite weird for a while, as slow is something one doesn't associate with Sepultura.

My favourite album of Sepultura as far as lyrics are concerned has to be Arise and Beneath The Remains, Nation is not at power with them, but it is pretty damn good. Its tracks like Who Must Die, Sepulnation, Politricks, etc. that constitute what Sepultura's all about. I've always loved the vocals, and this time my admiration just grows. Sepultura still stays true to its roots with its signature metal tracks but also has tried something new in this album.

Great, brilliant, I couldn't ask for more. Except for the solos which could have been way better, this album is perfect. I won't go as far as to rate it alongside Arise, but nonetheless, this is a Sepultura album and an album for all headbangers. Honestly, I wasn't expecting anything great from Sepultura when the album came out, but after having bought it, I have to say it is worth every single penny.

baratafan
    If you love Max Cavalera, go ahead and listen Soulfly. Soulfly is just what Max always wanted for Sepultura. I think Sepultura is better without him because now all the songs have something from each other of the band. In the Max era, Sepultura was just a Max band, like Soulfly is today. Derrick has great lyrics and a better voice than Max. Max is a very poor writer.And the new Sepultura always play in Brasil. Max left his country and has courage to show the Brasilian flag in Soulfly shows...I'm from Brasil and I'm so proud to say: The new Sepultura is better than old.
    not_dead_enough
    Good to see somebody actually giving post-max Sepultura a fair chance, Derrick is a great singer. And yeah good album.
    zeroterminus
    sorry but this is a ****ing shitty as hell album and to say it s not even sepultura anymore, they don't have max anymore and igor should have known better. a great rift between chaos A.D. and roots, sorry not a fan of roots either, where this album got all of its influences