Elect the Dead review by Serj Tankian

• Released: Oct 23, 2007
Serj Tankian: Elect the Dead

Wow. It's very impressive. It has the metal/rock sound of SOAD only without Daron's voice. Most of the songs are very fast while some are slower filled with heart-strong emotion. You can tell he did spend a lot of time on composing it all with the help of John Dolmayan, the SOAD drummer. Songs are amazingly catchy, got me singing the whole day.

Titles of the songs are most unique such as "Beethoven's Cunt". Most lyrics are simple, short, and sweet. They get the point across. While some are mind boggling. The lyrics are very deep based on his observation of the war, the way people live their lives, the corruption of power, and so on. His voice is louder, but they're deeper. You could hear the emotion coming out such as "Sky is Over".

This is his first solo album and he puts up a good fight. He has good intentions behind his music as he did when he was with SOAD. When I went into a music store and heard a sample of his songs, I immediately caught on. It's something you can't easily ignore. You can tell he's put a lot of work in. "Empty Walls" is one of my favorites since it's varies from heavy tone to a soft piano melody. Another one of my favorite is "Sky Is Over" where you know Serj's emotion are true. If this was stolen from me, I'd definitely go and buy it again. If you're a SOAD fan, you'll definitely get the taste of SOAD with this album.

Strausser33
    this album proves serj was the music mastermind behind system of a down, daron can go F himself wah wah cry some more daron about yo writing stuff bc personally system was better when you didnt control them all.....lonely day is a great song tho my fav song is sky is over, but theres a bunch of other great songs lie lie lie, unthinking majority, empty walls, etc this is a great album and everyone sayin no screamin its bc daron did the screaming idiots....serj has a great voice.....ughg daron doesnt : i respect daron as a guitarist tho
    Casey6661
    i liked the album but soad is way better all together they need to make a new album
    j-walk
    System is legend, so shut the f uck up homos. All you nobs that say thier riffs are shit, I would f uckin pay good money to watch you play those same riffs live somewhere. Seriously, stick to your strumming g - d - c shut it f uckey!