Home review by Sevendust

• Released: Aug 24, 1999
Sevendust: Home

This record showed the melodic side of Sevendust. It wasn't as heavy as their debut, but they do still show some heaviness in some songs. Most songs on this record have very heavy, crunchy intros then goes to soft, melodic chorus's. This is best shown in the first single off the record, Denial.

This is another nu-metal band that has frustration in their lyrics. Mostly talking about relations and stuff, typical nu-metal. But, instead of the growling in their debut, this has some soft singing in this album which I really like from Lajon. Pretty descent lyrics.

01. Home - great kick-off track. Kinda sounds like it should have been on their self titled album. Pretty good song. 02. Denial - my favorite song on the album. Great heavy guitar riffs and a melodic chorus. Just what I like. 03. Headtrip - has a weird guitar riff in this song giving it a weird tone. It's an alright song. 04. Insecure - nice, smooth instrumental song that leads into Reconnect. I like the clean guitar sound. 05. Reconnect - I like this song a lot. Reminds me of Denial a bit with the heaviness. Has a very explosive start to this song which helps get it going. 06. Waffle - the second single off this album and another great song. Has a smooth verse which leads into an explosive chorus. 07. Rumble Fish - pretty good song another that sounds like it should be on their self titled album. Good song. 08. Licking Cream - guest vocals in this song which give it a new feel. It also was another single. The girl has a great voice and sings most of the song. 09. Grasp - didn't really like this song. It's a filler track. 10. Crumbled - heavier song that seems it should have been on their older album. Another filler. 11. Feel So - not much to say about this song, but that it's a good one. 12. Grasshopper - sounds like some country song going on here. Pointless track. 13. Bender - another one my favorites with guest vocals. Great song. If it were lost or stolen, I might just download it off the computer. Not one of Sevendust's greater albums. I would deffinitly pick up Animosity or Seasons.

Swamplord
    Deff Kidd wrote: ya ur gay. seven dust fukin blows dog cock
    LOL none of ur naughty words got edited. Haha. Sevendust is just another one of them bands that need to stop following the god damn trend