Next review by Sevendust

• Released: Oct 11, 2005
Sevendust: Next

This was my first album that I bought from Sevendust and I could tell even though I haven't got the other albums that this album is much heavier. They still got the standard low tuning guitars that they always used, but they experimented with some heavy riffs. Songs like Hero, Pieces, and Failure show this. But, they also kept the softer songs in there too like Shadows In Red, The Last Song, and This Life. Overall great sound for this album.

The lyrics are much the same with angry and aggressive like most nu-metal stuff. They added a lot of more screaming in their songs from previous records, but that fits in with the song structure.

This album doesn't really compare with other albums. My favorite songs on the album are Ugly, Silence, Desertion, and Never. I don't really like Shadows In Red, I guess because it's different, but it ends the album good. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitly buy it again. Get this album!

FireRage
    OMG I LOVE Ugly. That is one onf the best songs I have heard in a long long time.
    Swamplord
    Speaking of old. Sevendust is getting kinda old cuz they're stuff is so repetitive.