Sevendust review by Sevendust

• Released: Apr 15, 1997
Sevendust: Sevendust

Alright, this is obviously Sevendust's heaviest album. If your a metal head, this is right up your alley, but if you like the more melodic Sevendust, I'd go with anyone of their other albums. They obviously aimed for a metal album with Black and Too Close To Hate, but then they have Bitch in there which has a nice, clean intro and chorus with rapping and heavy guitars during the verses. The first five tracks on this album are great songs, then it starts getting boring.

Like I said, they aimed for a metal album and that shows with their lyrics. Very angry lyrics like typical metal and Sevendust.

This is probably their most metal like album compared to the others like, Seasons and Animosity. Black and Bitch are my two favorite songs on the album, it's very hard to get sick of them. I love the mix of rap vocals and metal vocals, gives it a nu-metal feel to it. I hate how they didn't really experiment a lot like they did with other albums. This album just gets boring and repetive once you get to like the eigth track. If it were lost or stolen, I'd just download Black and Bitch again from the internet.

nboenzi
    Seven dust is pussy metal if you want to hear real metal listen to lamb of god. They make seven dust sound like a bunch of bed wetters.
    _peaceful_kaos_
    Why do people read reviews on bands that they're just gonna diss? if you dont like a band then dont waste time and energy telling us how much they suck, go look at something you do like!