Once Upon A Shattered Life review by Seventh Day Slumber

• Released: Feb 1, 2005
Seventh Day Slumber: Once Upon A Shattered Life

With the release of their first album, Once upon A Shattered Life, Seventh Day Slumber has been gaining popularity. In their rock genre they create their own sound that I cannot compare to any other band, with catchy tunes and creative guitar. The only downside to this CD is that most of the songs sound cloe to the same. This band has an oringinal idea that they seem to base most songs around. Overall their sound is very impressive and I would highly recommend it to anyone. I would be depressed if something happened to this CD.

I was very impressed with this band's great lyrics. They sing of their need for God and how broken and shattered they are. The vocals are great too, although the lead singer doesn't wonder off to far from the same melody and pitch on most songs (except for the little bit of screamo on the first track) he delivers when it comes down to singing pure rock. Overall the lyrics are catchy and the singer has talent.

As I stated before Seventh Day Slumber brings their own style of rock and I can't think of anyone one to compare it to. The closest artist that I can think of would be Jeremy Camp. The thing that I dislike most about this album is that that there is something that, even though I cannnot put my finger on it, makes some of there songs sound the same. I could be on track one and change it to track nine a think didn't I just hear this song. What I love most about this band is the great lyrics, creative guitar, and the talented vocals. It all come together for great music. If I lost this CD I would buy it again in an instant. I would highly recommend it for anyone who likes Christian music and or rock.