10th Anniversary Album review by Sex Pistols

• Released: Jan 1, 1986

It has that sound that is so intimate and so powerful that you can only get from analog recording styles such as vinyl. Watching this record spin on the turntable as Johnny Rotten's voice blasts from the speakers is a very moving experience, much more intimate than watching a CD spinning so fast that it produces an annoying humming noise. The sound is great, not overproduced, but not underproduced, it's like that one piece of toast where the bread is just the right thickness, and the toaster was on just the right setting and the toast comes out just the perfect mixture of soft and crunchy. Everything works, and you know it can never be repeated again.

The lyrics are, as always expected from the pistols, amazing. Johnny Rotten's bittersweet lyrical style can make you laugh out loud one line, and reconsider your outlook on life the next. It's deep, but not "hippy shit, we don't do hippy shit" (Johnny Rotten quote from Sid and Nancy).

This is a great album. When I think punk rock three band names come to mind, The Germs, Bad Religion, and The Sex Pistols, but without the sex pistols, I doubt the other two would have exhisted. The sex pistols pathed the road to the punk rock scene of the eighties with their mixture of comedy, murder, and hypodermic needles.

WastedTele
    overall a good review, but i think that you went a bit too deep, especially in the 'sound' part, which is kind of ironic becuase you said ''It's deep, but not "hippy shit, we don't do hippy shit"''. but I do get what you're saying and all. overall good review!
    swave75
    When I think punk rock I tend to think Sex Pistols, the Misfits, the Clash, The Ramones, The Cramps, The Germs and the Stooges.