Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols review by Sex Pistols

• Released: Jun 24, 1996
Sex Pistols: Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols

The sound is great. It's brit punk. It was in the 70's. I like this type of punk more than most fans of actual punk. The main music style is 70's punk/pop. A lot of power chords, no innovation. They came just about the same time as The Clash, they just reached success faster.

The lyrics are pretty good, but definitely not the greatest. The "melody" is not important as its punk rock, and old brit punk at that, so even less of a factor. John Lydon (Johnny Rotten) sounds annoyed and angry, and he was at that time. The Sex Pistols story is an interesting one, and allows you too see why this was considered good back then, because of what was going on at the time. Political turmoil and other illegitimate government associations and politicans, Margaret Thatcher and the likes, affected the people and that's what the Brit punks made music about. You have to appreciate that to appreciate the lyrics, and then based on that, appreciate why Lydon sings in the manner he does. Take my word for it, I read a giant long book on them to fully understand what the Sex Pistols were about. If you don't know what those years were about, you probably won't fully appreciate John Lydon's vocals, lyrics, or even style.

As the other person who rated this CD doesn't know much about punk, I shall tell you that the vocals are good. Johnny Rotten, love him or hate him, has annoying vocals but that's what most poeople who appreciate punk like. And you certainly don't have to have a nice melody, or well, you'd be someone who likes Good Charlotte, or Simple Plan, or other MTV related "punk." This is one of the first punk bands ever to reach a high level of success, and this record is the reason. The 70's were filled with boredom. Most impressive songs, "God Save The Queen," "Bodies," and "Anarchy In The UK." As well, I like "New York." I love how something with simple power chords can sound so catchy and fit in with a song. I'd buy it again and its definitely worth buying if you're a punk guru or have a collection of old punk CDs that you need to add to. Go buy this album if you like punk rock, you can kind of see into how Britain was in the 70's, in comparison to our generation now.