Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols review by Sex Pistols

• Released: Jun 24, 1996
Sex Pistols: Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols

Compared to most punk albums (Bad Brains - who still kick ass), this has very good sound quality. The guitar has a great overdriven and raw sound to it, with some of the most catchy and best riffs the Pistols ever had (Pretty Vacant, Submission). The drumming is underrated, great drum rolls and fills here and there. The bass is good enough, Sid Vicious is a decent player (for how long he had been playing not much at all!) and it keeps up. The vocals are very good (IMO) and I love the pissed off sound they're going for.

The lyrics are underrated in my opinion. Sex Pistols wrote some good lyrics such as Holidays In The Sun and God Save The Queen. I like Johnny Rotten's voice alot. The voice and lyrics are very good for this music.

This is one of the most classic punk albums ever. It's in the same category as Ramones, London Calling, Damned Damned Damned, and Bad Brains. The most popular songs are obviously God Save The Queen and Anarchy In The UK, but the standout songs are probably Pretty Vacant, Holidays In The Sun, Problems and Submission. Sex Pistols kick ass!