Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols review by Sex Pistols

• Released: Jun 24, 1996
Sex Pistols: Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols

Since they were the 2nd true "punk" band, they're awesome (The Ramones have claim over being the first, and sorta made the genre have pop in it). The Sex Pistols have this in your face attitude. Yes the guitar riffs are simple but if it gets your point across (they got a television ban after wanting to relese "God Save The Queen" as a single and couldnt get a record label to relese it, hence the song "EMI"). Johnny Rotten's voice is annoyed, angry, and sorta emo. My friend hates his voice and I love it. The Sex Pistols is hard for most people to digest because it's still raw, heavily distorted, and super political (I want to say they were nazis, but I'm not sure).

Keep in mind people that these were written in '77. As one of the reviews above mine say that you would have to read a book to know what they stood for and what they were talking about. They are right. Like in "Anarchy For The UK" well the title gives it away. They're tired of the queen and want to get rid of the government. It was bad times and these guys told the truth through rough and raw lyrics and sound.

The Sex Pistols don't compare to any other band. It's sad that they had that in your face atittude but they were also in eachothers face. They would preform and you wouldnt know if the band was going to explode before getting to the chorus. I love "New York," "EMI" and "Holidays In The Sun." The only annoying thing on this CD is the outro on "Problems" god I hate that it goes on and on and on and on. If my Nevermind The Bollocks CD got stolen I would probably hunt down the person that stole it and kill them. Or go out and get a new copy but I'm fonder of the first idea but I would highly suggest you go out and buy this album (especially if you listen to mainstream "punk" stuff, the most punk thing around today is probably green day) but these guys revolutionized the music scene. If you want to know what real punk is, check these guys out (even though almost everybody is promoting them and dont listen to what they are saying. Listen to the lyrics and remember what kind of times they where going through).

Repitition
    This is a great album. Just correcting something some guy up there said about Sid not being bad. He didn't play on the album, the bass was overdubbed by the guitarist.
    Mcassidy42
    At the time, nobody had the balls to wright a rebelious song, that fact alone makes nevermind the bullocks a great album, but when you mix the awesome riffs and solos you get,as already stated by music guide, "One Of The Most Inspirering And Greatest Rock N' Roll Album Of All-Time
    guitarkid2113
    Yeah, the Sex Pistols rule... And Sid Vicious was pretty much there for show... When they played live, they would turn his amp real low or just not turn it on. On the record either Steve Jones played it or Johnny Rotten did.
    Afroboy267
    This album is shit! Its just a load of noise they decided to record and publicise it the lyrics are just plane awful and the music even worse...if you want to hear a decent punk album listen to green day - american idiot or blink 182 - enema of the state