Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols review by Sex Pistols

• Released: Jun 24, 1996
Sex Pistols: Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols

For me the best punk album of all time. This is a truly outstanding album by the first and, in my opinion the greatest punk band ever. The album has a strong guitar "attack", a word used too often but in this case most definetly true. It is violent, vicious but at the same time brilliant. With this album it is not about one aspect of the music, like the guitar or the lyrics it is about the experience.

Jonny Rotten and Glen Matlock's lyrics are either good or bad on this record. Songs like "God Save the Queen" or "Anarchy In The UK" have outstanding lyrics but other tracks like "Bodies" are really bout nothing. The lyrics are on this album sometimes a jest like on "EMI" were Lydon and co. attack the record company and sometimes on serious matters like politics. John Lydon's voice is not one of the greatest or most melodic but it serves it's purpose and adds to the whole experiance.

I feel bad for the Pistols as if they had coninued with Glen Matlock instead of taking Sid Vicious then they could still be going today with new material (althought they are playing a bout of re-union shows). This album is one of the most rare kinds of album. One that all the tracks stand out and appeal. This is a truly special album and of the defining of the time. A must have for any collection. I have given the album 10 out of 10 although I would have given the album 8 for lyrics. But you cannot rate this album on one component and the overall must be a 10.

Korzack
    Afroboy267 wrote: This album is shit! Its just a load of noise they decided to record and publicise it the lyrics are just plane awful and the music even worse...if you want to hear a decent punk album listen to green day - american idiot or blink 182 - enema of the state
    FAILED. I appreciate your tastes, but to call those 2 more punk is just silly.