Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols review by Sex Pistols

• Released: Jun 24, 1996
Sex Pistols: Never Mind The Bollocks Heres The Sex Pistols

Well what can I say? Amazing sound and album. They bring aggression and in your face punk to every song on this album. This is their early work when Glen Mortlock was still in the band which does mean that the songs are generally better organised than their later music. This is great old fashioned punk with a one of a kind style to it; no one could top it.

The lyrics on this album are unique to say the least. They all bring their own different style to each song with classics such as 'God Save The Queen' and also 'Anarchy In The UK' it is easy to know what john lydon is talking about. With the others it is different you get to know their attitude towards the government and public in the '70s which is quite interesting in it's own way. John lydon also sounds very angry and aggressive in most of the songs which does definitely bring its own special touch.

This album is unique and on of a kind. No artist/s could create the same attitude that they did. The best songs are definitely self-explanatory but I also love submission, the drum and bass work extremely well together creating a different feel to the song. This is possibly the best album ever made, definitely the best punk album created because of the attitude they create which will never be created again in the same way.

wildchild6660
    I like the Ramones better than the clash or sex pistols. The pistols are an acquired taste. I guess i've got a lot of acquiring to do.
    slann101
    Repitition wrote: This is a great album. Just correcting something some guy up there said about Sid not being bad. He didn't play on the album, the bass was overdubbed by the guitarist.
    no the bass was done by glen matlock, the original bassist
    JayGuitar94
    The guy who wrote the last review is a twat. Plain as. One of the greatest albums ever by one of the greatest bands ever.
    FearOfTheDuck
    The Sex Pistols kicked the whole punk movement off into action. People above saying the Sex Pistols don't have any talent, they're not really meant to, they were sick of the stadium Rock bands and their 17 minute guitar solo's and their ego's. The pistols were real Punk, they're angry and pissed off. And they sounded completely different from anyone else, it was extreme music at the time. Ramones did not start punk, Ramones were happy. Sex Pistols were pissed off and heavy! I do love the Ramones though, even more than the Pistols but i understand the importance of this album.
    sxe-monty
    Afroboy267 wrote: This album is shit! Its just a load of noise they decided to record and publicise it the lyrics are just plane awful and the music even worse...if you want to hear a decent punk album listen to green day - american idiot or blink 182 - enema of the state FAILED. I appreciate your tastes, but to call those 2 more punk is just silly.
    I firmly agree with korzack Also, how many people have an old collection of punk that doesn't already this in it?