Legacy review by Shadow Gallery

• Released: Apr 10, 2001
Shadow Gallery: Legacy

Shadow Gallery fails to dissapoint in their follow up to Tyranny. Just like the 3 albums before this one, Legacy has a feeling of it's own. Generally speaking it has a much heavier sound to it than their previous works. Don't be alarmed though, because this is still the same old Shadow Gallery we all know and love. The other noticable difference is that the songs are really long and there are fewer of them. Don't worry though, what's lacking in quantity is more than made up for in quality.

This album just might have the best lyrics out of all 5 Shadow Gallery albums. At the time of this albums creation, the band wasn't sure if they would do another CD so Mike Baker probably gave us his best lyrics incase the worst happened. Luckily they decided to stay together, but even more lucky is the fact that we have some awesome lyrics to listen to! And as always, Miek Bakers voice is incredable.

Legacy definitely has a different feel to it than all their other albums, but that is a good thing. While it is definitely lacking in songs, we can very easily make due with what there is. Every last one is amazing. The 2 most impressive songs are definitely "Cliffhanger 2" and "Legacy". These two songs are perfect examples of their sound, so if you are just getting into these guys make sure to check those 2 out. If this CD were lost or stolen I would replace it in the blink of an eye!

Menzaine
    Room V is my favorite personally....cant believe Mike Baker is dead.....RIP.