Tyranny Review

Shadow Gallery: Tyranny
Release Date: Sep 22, 1998
Label: Magna Carta
Genres: Alternative Pop/Rock, Indie Rock
Shadow Gallery's third album is a concept album about a defense worker's search for meaning after becoming disenchanted with his job.
review (1) 2 comments vote for this album:
Tyranny Reviewed by: exe67, on september 01, 2006

Sound: Shadow Gallery's 3rd album lives up to it's expectations and delivers even more! What is there to say? After Carved In Stone, fans agreed that their sound could not get any better. They were very very wrong. Tyranny is an album that few others in the genre could ever stand up to. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics on this album are simply amazing. Not only are they amazing, but if you listen to all the songs on the album in order, you'll notice that they all seem to line up. that's because they do! The lyrics on this album tell the story of a man confused by the weapons we have in the world today. On top of that confusion, he works in a weapons store and doesn't know why. But he is also drawn to them, and fears the worst. Simply put, the story is a very good one. Don't let that make you think that the lyrics of individual songs don't make sense, because that's not the case. The story is broken up into sections so if you listen to one song, your getting the story of that section. On top of the story, Mike Baker's lyrics are perfect as always. // 10

Overall Impression: Tyranny is a very amazing album. It is simply put flawless. I have listened to this album too many times to count in one life time. The most notable songs are definitely "New World Order" and "War For Sale". Although, calling those 2 the best is hard to do as all the songs are incredible. I love everything about this whole album. There really isn't anything to hate. If it were stolen or lost I would drop what I was doing the second I found out and go get another copy. // 10

Comments