Fallout From The War review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Shadows Fall: Fallout From The War

Shadows Fall has always been a fantastic band. From disc one, the have evolved in their own metalcore world and grown as musicians. But even their debut disc was innovative and raw. Great sounds to each disc. This disc is unique in that every song is either a new recording, a brand new cover, or an old song previously unreleased on their main CDs that has been re-recorded. Since I have only their major releases, this is a great buy for me. This album sounds closest to 'Art Of Balance', where as the release before this one ('The War Within') was more accessible to everyone. This is for a true metal fan.

Lyrics have always been deep and meaningful in past albums. No changes here. Even the cover song they chose for the last track was great. Everything flows evenly, and the singer's voice for both screaming and singing still remains strong to this day. I can only hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as Chris Cornell from Soundgarden did. Audioslave albums are nowhere near as powerful as Soundgarden ones.

Shadows Fall and Trivium are probably the pioneers for future kinds of metal. All bands are looking to them right now for inspiration, and so far both bands have had plenty of it to pass around. All the song on here are great, but so far my favorites are 'In Effigy', 'Deadworld', 'This Is My Own', 'December', 'Mark Of The Squealer', and 'Teasn', Pleasn''. There is much raw power to each song, even their cover which was brilliantly done. I'd buy it again if it were lost. With this album, I now have all major Shadows Fall releases. 20 years down the road, if these guys still aren't making music, these albums will be worth a lot.

santhony1987
    Cool dude, i'm a fellow SF fan myself with albums War Within and Art Of Balance... I dunno when i'll be able to get this one considering i had to go into the city to find the other two... (we don't get much U.S.A metal in australia that hasn't gone gold or platinum) But if it's for a true metal fan i'm more than happy to make the trek.
    Blood Hawk
    I got this album in the first week it was released and I can't get enough of it. GO BY IT NOW!!
    Oblivious16037
    Definatly gonna have to pick this up. I am a big fan, I've aready got Art of Balance and War Within and they are great. THanks for the review.
    supersolus666
    HardAttack
    supersolus666 wrote: how the hell is trivium emo? you have to be dumb if you think that but yea i havnt heard this album yet but im sure i'll get it this weekend
    I'll agree that some of the melodic singing is emish, but the guitars are pretty metal, man.
    OnspringFan
    im friends w/ Bittner, he lives 20 min from my house. no joke. yeah, the album is pretty damn good...and trivium is an emo band.