Fallout From The War review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Jun 13, 2006
Shadows Fall: Fallout From The War

First off, Shadows Fall, as always, never ceases to amaze me. And they continue to do so with "Fallout From The War". I was suprised to find that this is one of their heavier albums. There's a lot more acreaming and brutal riffs on this one, but they still slow it down and keep it clean on the album at times. Of the 11 tracks, 3 are covers, including "Teasn', Pleasn'" which they recorded with original DT vocalist Jason McMasters. The other covers are Leeway's "Mark Of The Squealer" and Only Living Witness' "December" which, in my opinion, they did a great job of covering. Along with those covers you'll find some songs from the Shad's early days, one of which is "Deadworld". The version on the album is the original version and not the version that some may be familiar with from the Japanese released EP, which kind of suprised me. As always, the twin guitars of Matt and Jon are amazing. The vocals sound great though there is a lot more screaming on this album. It's much heavier then their previous release "The War Within". This one's for the metalcore fans. Track Listing: 01.In Effigy 02>Will To Rebuild 3>Haunting Me Endlessly 4>Seize The Calm 5>Carpal Tunnel 6>Going, Going, Gone 7>Deadworld 8>This Is My Own 9>December 10>Mark Of The Squealer 11>Teasn', Pleasn' ft. Jason McMasters

The lyrics, as any fan of the band would know, have some sort of meaning. Whether it's about hurricane victims, internet trash-talkers, or war, the Shad's deliver. The lyrics and vocals go perfectly with the music, making each track sound great. There's a lot more vocal harmonies on this album then in the past and the lyrics, as always, are both screamed and sung, which makes a nice mix.

The Shad's have come a long way since they began and this album shows it. The music sounds great as do the lyrics and it's really impressive. My personal favorites were "In Effigy", "Deadworld", "December", and "Carpal Tunnel". This album is definitely worth the buy and I recommend checking it out. You won't be disappointed with it.