Of One Blood review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Apr 4, 2000
Shadows Fall: Of One Blood

This whole cd is packed with heavy shredding guitar riffs with crazy solos, plenty of double bass drum, thumping bass lines and wonderful lyrics... I can't even think of the words that can give as much recognition as this band needs. It's one of the greatest, maybe even the greatest, heavy metal album I've heard. This cd has tons of parts to get stuck in your head day after day.

The lyrics are fantasic. Either he spent forever writing them, or he is the master of lyrics. They're not what I expected when I got the cd. I actually was expecting pure screaming and shredding, but it turned out that half the time he does sing and it sounds great his actual singing skills I can't rate, but he sounds amazing (the lead singer, brian fair). Also, guitarist Matthew Bachand) has a great voice.

No other Heavy Metal album I've heard even comes close, except for the 2002 Shadows Fall cd (The Art Of Balance). I think the most impressive songs on this album are "Crushing Belial", "Root Bound Apollo", and "To Ashes". I love everything about this album I listen to the whole thing everyday, atleast once!If comeone stole this cd I would definitely buy another! I suggest, if you like heavy metal, to go and buy... or at least listen to some of the songs on this cd. I can't wait til Shadows Fall come out with a new album.