Of One Blood review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Apr 4, 2000
Shadows Fall: Of One Blood

Great guitar work and pounding percussions fuel this instant heavy metal classic. I love Shadows Fall and any fan of metal bands with inspired solos and crunching rhythym playing is going to immediately want to run out and buy all of their CD's. This is Shadows Fall's first CD, and it's just as good as their latest release; 'The War Within'. Jon the lead guitarrist uses more of a shred style on this album, and it works very well. Brian's vocals are also a little more rough. Puts a little bit of a different spin on the same band.

I'm used to cheap, tired lyrics from metal bands. This however is an exception. The talented playing of the guitars, bass and drums is accompanied by masterful lyrics and vocals. Brian does a great job for the genre, and everything flows nice and evenly.

Compare this to other Shadows Fall albums, you will see a similarity (it's the same band). However their 2nd and latest albums are in their own respects, departures from this album. Each one has their own style changes, however noticeable or subtle you feel they are. If it were stolen, I'd be pretty pissed that I'd have to spend another $14, but it would still be worth it for the quality of music you get. Shadows Fall is a great band coming from small-time roots in Mass, so they deserve the money. Each song is great, but I think my favorite song upon the first listen is 'Crushing Belial'. For people who are heavily into the metal scene, get this album first. For people who are somewhat into metal and want something more accessable, get 'The War Within' first, and then get Shadows Fall's other two albums.

freedomdeceptiv
    most of the songs are just rerecordings of songs on the Somber Eyes to the Sky album, back when they were with the current All That Remains vocalist, except with brian fair... way better quality than their debut effort tho... why am i the first comment?