The Art Of Balance review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Sep 17, 2002
Shadows Fall: The Art Of Balance

These guys can play. They are bringing back the blistering riffs and speed solos off Metallica and Slayer, and thank god; it's about time. I, frankly, am getting tired of Creed soundalikes, and the Thrash/Speed Metal sound of Shadows Fall is very refreshing. I say bring me more!

The lyrics are really pretty good. They're no Metallica. They're no Perfect Circle. They're no Nirvana. But the bar is set way too high to judge on that aspect solely. The sound of the lyrics go great with the sound of the music. It's a nice combination of a James Hetfield and a Derrick Greene. The actual lyrics are very thought provoking, clever, and fun to listen to, albeit a little confusing at times.

I would say this band is better overall than 95% of all the new bands out there today. I strongly recommed this album to any fan of 80s Thrash/Speed. It's a breath of fresh air for the music world, especially when all we've been breathing is Staind, Limp Bizkit, and Blink 182, Good Charlette, and Simple Plan. God bless Shadows Fall.