The Art Of Balance review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Sep 17, 2002
Shadows Fall: The Art Of Balance

This is probably their best CD. I love the sound of Matt and Jon's amps and I was amazed that they actually just run through the loop on a JCM. I love how they did 2 acoustic instrumentals in between like Killswitch did on "The End Of Heartache."

Lyrics are very creative. Like in "Destroyer Of Senses," Brian Fair is talking about what alchol does to the system ("The sweet taste of self-destruction") all the lyrics fit. Brian Fair is a great singer and I'm glad Matt and Jon are singing alot on this one 'cause they sound awesome.

This and the war within are definetly their best cd's. It's hard to pick the best song on here. My 3 favorites are "Idle Hands," "The Art Of Balance" and "A Fire In Babylon." I actually didn't really like their cover of "Welcome To The Machine." That cover is pretty much the only flaw on the disc. I would die if this was lost or stolen because this is such a great album. If you get the chance, go see them live. If you think they sound great on CD's, you have no idea how awesome they are live.

shadowsofbodom
    ONE OF THE BEST ALBUMS EVER MADE, the guitar is catchy, the vocals are pretty sweet, nothing bad about it