The Art Of Touring [DVD] review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Nov 15, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 7
Shadows Fall: The Art Of Touring [DVD]

I have been a Shadows Fall fan for a long time. The tones sound just like on the album, but it can sound muffled at times during the live portion, and sometimes the vocals don't stand out as much as they should.

Content — 10
The DVD includes concert footage from the "Art Of Balance" tour, 3 covers, tour antics, and all 6 music videos. I was dissappointed that there was nothing from this years Ozzfest on the live segment. The covers were alright, but I think they should stick to their own material. They were "Live Wire," "Walk" and "Teasin' Pleasin'." The backstage stuff was great. I laughed my ass off at some points. The music videos were awesome. They were "The Idoit Box," "Destroyer Of Senses," "Thoughts Without Words," "The Power Of I And I," "What Drives The Weak" and "Inspiration On Demand."

Production Quality — 7
The camera was very far from the stage most of the time, but the close-ups were good.

I think that this DVD is great. The backstage stuff and the videos were my favorite. I wish that the live footage included songs from "The War Within."

DaBlackE
    Shadows Fall is probably one of the best metal bands around today. Having said that this DVD is good but it could've been way way better. Alot of the live footage looks it was shot far from the stage with a camcorder. 3 of the songs are recycled footage from the War Within DVD if you bought the deluxe version. This DVD seems kinda thrown together, it was cool seeing Jim Florentine, Don Jameson, Zakk Wylde & Adam D. on the DVD but compared to the DVDs that were released by Lamb of God & Killswitch Engage this one comes in 3rd. It would have been cool if Jon & Matt put their GuitarWorld lessons on it and a soundcheck like Lamb of God's DVD had. Finally though what I really don't get is they have footage of them jamming with Damageplan but the sound is absolutely horrible. How could they release footage with such crappy audio? Or not try to fix it? Buy their CDs but this DVD isn't anything special.