The Art Of Touring [DVD] Review

artist: Shadows Fall date: 12/09/2008 category: compact discs
Shadows Fall: The Art Of Touring [DVD]
Release Date: November 15, 2005
The DVD includes concert footage from the "Art Of Balance" tour, 3 covers, tour antics, and all 6 music videos.
 Content: 10
 Production Quality: 7.5
 8.4
 8.3
 8.4
The Art Of Touring [DVD] Reviewed by: ctdguyiam, on december 09, 2008

Sound: The Art Of Touring, the live DVD from Sahdows Fall contains footage from the 2002 tour for The Art Of Balance album. The band sounds exactly like they always have to me, which is great. But you can't really capture the way the band sounds on this DVD. But it's still worth at least taking a look at. // 8

Overall Impression: This DVD is a pretty decent production for the band. The only thing I wished they would of did is to play some of the new songs from their album, The War Within. The production could've been a bit better, but the including of 6 music videos, backstage footage, and the appearance of Zakk Wylde plus others makes up for it slightly. This isn't the best DVD of a live band, but it's a good try for them seeing as they were new on the scene when it came out. // 8

The Art Of Touring [DVD] Reviewed by: STRAT811, on january 24, 2006

Sound: I have been a Shadows Fall fan for a long time. The tones sound just like on the album, but it can sound muffled at times during the live portion, and sometimes the vocals don't stand out as much as they should. // 6

Overall Impression: I think that this DVD is great. The backstage stuff and the videos were my favorite. I wish that the live footage included songs from "The War Within." // 9

Comments