The War Within review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Shadows Fall: The War Within

This album is so sick it blew me away. I was never really a into this kinda music mainly casue the singing but I have come to like this music a lot. The guitar is really thick and deep. It's really a new age heavy metal band. Shadows Fall is the best new band out and I hope they keep putting out good albums.

The lyrics are kinda Weird and don't really make sense, but then again, after listening to Ozzy when he was twacked out on drugs in Balck Sabbath, it really doesn't bother, but I really don't listen to the singer or the lyrics. The singer is a good singer tho and I have no bad things against him or his lyrics.

This album is one of my favorite cds, along with Iron Maiden cds and Judas Priest cds. It really brought back the sick guitar solos and the awesome harmony they have. It reminds me alot of Iron Maiden harmony alot. The best songs on this album are "The Light That Blinds", "Enlightened By The Cold" and "The Power Of I And I". I love the harmonies and the solos of jon donais and matt bachand. I really dont hate anything about it. This albums is definetly worth buying again if it were stolen. It has opened up my mind to other genres of heavy metal. Thanx Shadows Fall for the sick album.