The War Within review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Shadows Fall: The War Within

Now this is one hell of a band. I am not usually into the new wave of american heavy metal bands such as Killswitch and others but these guys really made me change my mind. I am really really impressed with their guitar playing. The harmanies that they use and how they are able to construct such amazing solos. You can definately tell there is an influnce from Iron Maiden. I give a lot of credit to Jon and Matt for being able to construct these things into heavy metal. They also seem to be working of off the same mind much like Adrian Smith and Dave Murray from Iron Maiden did. After I first heard this album I have not been able to turn it off.

The lyrics are really good in this album. I am not really into screaming singers but I like how they mix it up from like screamming to a more of a mellow yelling, its pretty awesome. As far as the album goes the singer works with the guitar and just makes it sound really good.

This album is again one of the new metal albums I have heard. Some of the most impressive songs include The Light That Blinds (intro), Enlightened By The Cold (solo and bridge), and Power Of I And I (stomp intro riff). I think that if it were to be stolen or lost I would definately buy it again.