The War Within review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Shadows Fall: The War Within

The sound is brilliant! I have known SF since Of One Blood came out. This has got to be their best album and this album definitely should be called metal album of the year. Shadows Fall have always defied being called metalcore or nu-metal. They have had their kickass sound dominating metal today. Every single person in the band is extremly talented and Shadows Fall is worth all the hype. This albums is has plenty of fast headbanging moments and the kickass solo and melodic parts you just can't help but call them fukin crazy brilliant.

Brian can really sing! His screams and growls may get annoying but he slows down and his melodic voice just matches witht he music. The lyrics are really good. A big influence to me.

Shadows Fall is the s--t of today. They don't even compare to All That Remains. ATR is a good band but if your one that gets annoyed by the screaming and growling then SF is the one. Listen to the light that blinds and those who cannot speak. They start off with Metallica type acoustic ballads then lead to incredible intros. Especially on those woh cannot speak. I hate nothing about this album. I love the solos, lyrics, bridges, verses, intro. That pretty much everything now isn't it! This album fu--n kicksmetalass! If this album was stolen I would hunt the bastard down. If it were lost I'd definitely buy it again.