The War Within review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Shadows Fall: The War Within

Extremely heavy music, alot like Slipknot, but way more complex. Album just came out in 2004, it's pretty new. These guys kind of stick to the roots of classis metal while still keeping it heavy. Plenty of solos, damn good ones too, accoustic guitar now and then. The singer isn't the best, but the sound is still addicting. Good group, check them out if you haven't.

Lyrics are once again alot like Slipknot. Pretty deep, and at times hard to understand. But I find that a lot better than today's usual rock album theme: "my girlfriend broke up with me so now I'm going to pick up an accoustic guitar and cry into a microphone." They also aren't a band that talks about how great they are. That stuff gets boring. These guys are serious about their music, and it shows.

They kick a lot of metal bands asses, without a doubt. My favorite songs are 'The Light That Blinds', 'What Drives The Weak', and 'Inspiration On Demand'. Great suff there. There's nothing a really hate, it's kind of old school because of their influences (Judas Preist, Metallica style solos) but it's great music. Solid stuff without a doubt. I got it for less than $10 about 2 days ago, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat should the occasion arise.