The War Within review by Shadows Fall

• Released: Sep 21, 2004
Shadows Fall: The War Within

I just got this album and after listening 1 time through I am just completely blown away. The guitar work is insanely good. Everything is strong on this album. All the chemicals and ingredients that make up a good metal album are on here. Heavy riffs, shredding solos, pounding drums, strong bass lines, and plenty of throaty screams and growls. This album in one day changed the way that I personally look at metal. I knew this record had potential to be great and I was right. I love it and it will be in my stereo/CD player for monthes to come.

I liked the lyrics. They are just metal lyrics without the "I hate God" stuff. If you get the album read the lyrics. I think that you will like them. Its really a breath of fresh air from all the other lyrics out there today that complain about everything and hate themselves. And I also hate bands when they sing about politics (System Of A Down, Anti-Flag, etc). It's just gay who wants to hear it? Bands like Shadows fall and Killswitch Engage are like get off your fat ass and do something about it, make a change and stop complaining.

This is the best metal record I own. Please buy it and support this band. Some people complain about the singer but hes good I think. He goes along with the band and it works so how is it bad. I don't think he gets annoying. Hes also sings melodic too. Best songs so far are The Light That Blinds, Enlightened By The Cold, Act Of Contrition, Inspiration On Demand, and Those Who Cannot Speak. Buy it now. If I lost it or it was stolen I would buy it again no question. My favorite solo is either - What Drives The Weak, or Stillness.